Special Call for Proposals 2019
The Special Call for Proposals targeting countries affected by fragility, conflict, and violence (FCV) closed on September 10, 2019. GAFSP received complete applications from all 24聽eligible countries. The amount requested totaled $370.8聽million.
Countries that submitted complete packages:
- Africa (14):聽Burundi, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, C么te d'Ivoire, Djibouti, Democratic Republic of Congo, The Gambia, Guinea-Bissau, Liberia, Mali, Mozambique, South Sudan, Togo
- East Asia and the Pacific聽(6):聽Kiribati, Marshall Islands, FS Micronesia, Myanmar, Solomon Islands, Tuvalu
- Eastern Europe聽(1): Kosovo
- Latin America & Caribbean (1):听贬补颈迟颈
- Middle East and North Africa (1): Yemen
- South Asia聽(1): Afghanistan
Eligibility for this call was limited to countries that are fragile and conflict-affected as determined by the World Bank Group that are also IDA-only and not in non-accrual status.
In this Special Call, GAFSP was looking for proposals that clearly justify the proposed public sector investment, and that also consider opportunities for complementary private sector engagement.
GAFSP encouraged proposals aiming to reduce risk and vulnerability,聽in contexts of fragility, and increase the impact of agricultural interventions through an emphasis on聽cross-cutting themes.
Detailed funds allocation:
Afghanistan (US$15 million), Central African Republic (US$15.4), Cote d'Ivoire (US$12 million), Democratic Republic of Congo (US$15 million), Federated States of Micronesia, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, and Tuvalu (US$12 million), Liberia (US$8.2 million), Yemen (US$20 million)聽