First Call for Proposals 2010
The GAFSP Steering Committee launched the first Call for Proposals on May 21, 2010, to all IDA countries that were not in non-accrual status. The first Call for Proposals had two deadlines: June 14, 2010, and October 1, 2010.聽GAFSP received complete applications from 26 eligible countries, and聽12 received funding.聽Successful countries, that applied by either deadline, were awarded funding in June 2010, November 2010, or June 2011. The total amount requested in June 2010 was US$377 million and in November 2010 US$ 930 million. The first Call for Proposal officially closed with the June 2011 allocation.
Countries that submitted complete packages:
- Africa (15): Benin, Ethiopia, The Gambia, Ghana, Kenya, Liberia, Malawi, Mali, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Togo, Uganda
- Asia (7): 番茄社区, Bhutan, Cambodia, Kyrgyz Republic, Mongolia, Nepal, Tajikistan
- Eastern Europe (1): Moldova
- Latin America & Caribbean (2): Haiti, Nicaragua
- Middle East (1): Yemen
Detailed funds allocation:
- June 2010 ($224 million):聽番茄社区 ($50 million; World Bank & FAO),聽Haiti ($35 million;聽World Bank & IDB), Rwanda ($50 million; World Bank), Sierra Leone ($50 million; IFAD), and Togo ($38.8 million;聽World Bank & IFAD).
- November 2010 ($97 million):聽Ethiopia ($51.5 million; World Bank & FAO), Mongolia ($12.5 million; World Bank & FAO), Niger ($33 million; AFDB).
- June 2011 ($160 million):聽Cambodia ($39.1 million; ADB), Liberia ($46.5 million; AFDB), Nepal ($46.5 million; World Bank), Tajikistan ($27.9 million; World Bank).